Wednesday, December 29, 2010


ATTITUDE



A business man on his deathbed called his friend to his side and made one last request of him: “Steve, when I die, I need you to promise me that you will make sure that my body is cremated.” Steve replied, “What would you like for me to do with your ashes after I carry out your request?” He replied, “Just place them in a large envelope and mail them to the Internal Revenue Service and please write in red ink …Now you have everything!”

Paying taxes and experiencing death are the two inevitable events of life according to Mark Twain. How you approach both says a great deal about your attitude and the level of faith where you are living your life.

A quote from author, Charles Swindoll. “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think, or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…. A church…. A home. The remarkable thing is that we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will react a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play upon the one ‘string’ we have, and that is our attitude…I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our attitudes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment